- 1 tablespoon shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: tomato slices, onion slices, dill pickle slices and ketchup
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Shape beef into four thin patties. Sprinkle cheese mixture over two patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now