Three-Cheese Spirals Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the egg, sour cream and cottage cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; add American and cheddar cheeses. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture until evenly coated.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and edges begin to brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 658 calories, 34 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Spirals
"This is a great recipe and super easy. It comes out creamy and gooey every time, plus it serves a crowd"
"I made this tonight and it's delicious! I used Chipotle flavor sour cream and that gave it a nice kick. I'm sure it's great with regular sour cream too. It makes a lot so I'm giving some to my daughter and her family."
"My kids and I hated this recipe. The texture was off not creamy. I think it had a lot to do with the shredded cheddar cheese."