Sour cream and three kinds of cheese create the creamy coating for this tasty "twist" on macaroni and cheese. It calls for only six ingredients and can be served as an entree or a side dish. Deb Collette
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender,
- combine the egg, sour cream and cottage cheese; cover and process
- until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; add American and cheddar
- cheeses. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until
- bubbly and edges begin to brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 658 calories, 34 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.