Sour cream and three kinds of cheese create the creamy coating for this tasty "twist" on macaroni and cheese. It calls for only six ingredients and can be served as an entree or a side dish. —Deb Collette Holland, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the egg, sour cream and cottage cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; add American and cheddar cheeses. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes; stir. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and edges begin to brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Spirals in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p29
Reviews for Three-Cheese Spirals
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review