Our Italian mother used to whip up these yummy dough pockets when we came home from school for lunch. They’re easy to pick up and dip in sauce.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, MI
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pizza crust into an 11-in. square. Cut into four squares. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Spoon spinach mixture diagonally over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- For each calzone, fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Cut slits in top. Combine egg and water; brush over calzones.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Spinach Calzones in Country Woman December/January 2010, p36
Reviews for Three-Cheese Spinach Calzones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review