Three-Cheese Spinach Calzones Recipe
Our Italian mother used to whip up these yummy dough pockets when we came home from school for lunch. They’re easy to pick up and dip in sauce.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, MI
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pizza crust into an 11-in. square. Cut into four squares. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Spoon spinach mixture diagonally over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- 2. For each calzone, fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Cut slits in top. Combine egg and water; brush over calzones.
- 3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 calzone with 1/4 cup sauce equals 549 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,637 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC