- baking pan.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites with cream of tartar on high
- speed until stiff but not dry. With a rubber spatula, gently stir a
- fourth of the egg whites into cheese mixture. Fold in remaining
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Add 1 in. of hot water to baking pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Freeze option: Securely wrap unbaked soufflés with foil and freeze. To use, preheat oven to 325°. Remove foil and place frozen soufflés in a baking pan; add 1 in. warm water to larger pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden brown.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 317 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.