Three-Cheese Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, cut in half
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with a fourth of the white sauce, three noodles, half of the sausage and four pieces each of mozzarella and provolone cheeses. Repeat layers once. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top. Layer with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and provolone cheeses; sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 350 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.