Three-Cheese Rice Lasagna
Fans of traditional lasagna are sure to be intrigued by this tasty twist—a rice-based version. Writes Gwen Cantwell from Sharon, Wisconsin. "I discovered this recipe in a weight-loss class...and my family loves it. It has all the flavor of classic lasagna made with noodles with only a fraction of the fat."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and
- egg white.
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray, layer a third of the sauce, half of the rice and half of the
- cottage cheese mixture; repeat layers. Top with the remaining sauce.
- Microwave at 50% power for 7-12 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 238 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat,