Fans of traditional lasagna are sure to be intrigued by this tasty twist—a rice-based version. Writes Gwen Cantwell from Sharon, Wisconsin. "I discovered this recipe in a weight-loss class...and my family loves it. It has all the flavor of classic lasagna made with noodles with only a fraction of the fat."
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; set aside. In another bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and egg white.
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer a third of the sauce, half of the rice and half of the cottage cheese mixture; repeat layers. Top with the remaining sauce.
- Microwave at 50% power for 7-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Rice Lasagna in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p45
Reviews for Three-Cheese Rice Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review