Three-Cheese Rice Lasagna Recipe
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; set aside. In another bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and egg white.
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer a third of the sauce, half of the rice and half of the cottage cheese mixture; repeat layers. Top with the remaining sauce.
- Microwave at 50% power for 7-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Rice Lasagna(1)
Sort By :
I intended to make this exactly - but somehow the mozzarella cheese ran low (I had to mix it with reduced far cheddar) - and I figured I might as well use the whole jar of sauce (it was 24 oz) - and I wanted to use up some fresh mushrooms. This was easy and delicious. It was the perfect amount of cheeses (and I'm a cheese lover). and it gave me a chance to try my new rice cooker!
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >