Try eggs and cheese at their best. Guests often remark that this crustless entree is so tall, light and fluffy. Even men who “don’t eat quiche” love it!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 7 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks,
- whipping cream, half-and-half, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar
- cheese, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, seasoning blend and basil; pour into
- a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 449 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 524 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.