Three-Cheese Quiche Recipe
Try eggs and cheese at their best. Guests often remark that this crustless entree is so tall, light and fluffy. Even men who “don’t eat quiche” love it!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing YIELD:6 servings
- 7 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, whipping cream, half-and-half, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, seasoning blend and basil; pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 2. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 449 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 524 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC