- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Spread cream cheese over unbuttered side on half the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheeses, onion, cilantro and olives. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Quesadillas
"You can also just put the butter on the griddle and lay the tortilla on top. You can then just butter the 2nd tortilla before flipping. No mess that way."
"Good. Nothing special really. Just your standard fresh-tasing quesadilla. I thought buttering the tortillas was kind of annoying,"
"Very good! Hard to flip so they cheese stays inside. I would try ham or chicken or roast beef another time or even bacon."
"Liked this recipe very much just the way it is shown here---especially how the outside of the tortillas got so crispy!"
"I would not make these again for a cold lunch but they are very good when they are warm."
"Very tasty. I think next time, like the others I will add some chicken and even some bacon. The cream cheese was a great additions. Butter the outsides seem complicated to me though so I too will go with Pam."
"Found them a bit bland, although much better with salsa. Next time I will definitely not butter them but spray the pan with butter-flavoured Pam. Has potential."
"Very good! Next time I'm gonna try it with chicken or beef."
"Made these for a church potluck last night. Almost every single person there asked me for the recipe. Delicious!"
"These were awesome! I used spray-on butter and fat-free cream cheese (just because I had them on hand) - the quesadillas were easy to make and to flip. Very delicious. Can't wait to finish off the left-overs tonight!"