- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Dot with butter.
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully open foil. Sprinkle the bacon cheeses over potato mixture. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Potatoes
Sort By :
Skipped the Parmesan and the Chives and only two cheeses. I didn't count the potatoes... didn't measure a thing.... put it all in a cast iron frying pan and put on grill. Covered with tin foil. Knowing that it may burn I waited for the cheese to put on at the end. When potatoes were done I put on cheese covered and waited for it to melt off the grill. Uncovered and stirred once during grilling.
This was very good & I'll be making them a lot more!
Great with all grilled foods.
I tried this recipe out to see if it would be something that we would make up camping, and we definitely would. My family loved it! The only thing I did different, was it added crushed garlic and seasoning salt and it was fabulous! I did microwave the diced potatoes, onions and garlic for about 3 minutes before I put them in the foil as some reviews suggested. This will be a favorite camping recipe from here on out! Love, love, love!