Three-Cheese Potato Souffle
Everyday mashed potatoes become appealingly elegant in Kathy Kittell's extra-cheesy souffle. "This casserole bakes up fluffy and golden-and makes a perfect company side dish," she confides from her Lenexa, Kansas kitchen.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, cheeses, onions, salt
- and pepper. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a small
- bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into
- potato mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. souffle dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat,