Three-Cheese Potato Souffle Recipe
Everyday mashed potatoes become appealingly elegant in Kathy Kittell's extra-cheesy souffle. "This casserole bakes up fluffy and golden-and makes a perfect company side dish," she confides from her Lenexa, Kansas kitchen.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, cheeses, onions, salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. souffle dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 153 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Potato Souffle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC