Everyday mashed potatoes become appealingly elegant in Kathy Kittell's extra-cheesy souffle. "This casserole bakes up fluffy and golden-and makes a perfect company side dish," she confides from her Lenexa, Kansas kitchen.
Recommended: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, cheeses, onions, salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. souffle dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Potato Souffle in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p22
Reviews for Three-Cheese Potato Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2016
"How nice to find an easy souffle recipe. I scaled it down for the two of us, which meant that I could reduce the baking time by about 5 min. I'll make this one again."