Three-Cheese Potato Souffle Recipe
Everyday mashed potatoes become appealingly elegant in Kathy Kittell's extra-cheesy souffle. "This casserole bakes up fluffy and golden-and makes a perfect company side dish," she confides from her Lenexa, Kansas kitchen.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, cheeses, onions, salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. souffle dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Potato Souffle in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p22
Reviews for Three-Cheese Potato Souffle(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review