Three-Cheese Potato Bake
Three-Cheese Potato Bake is a comforting potato dish that's ready in a snap. The recipe comes from Lois Buffalow of Grandview, Missouri.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-2/3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, milk, butter and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let
- stand for 30 seconds; fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chives. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 397 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,066 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.