Three-Cheese Pesto Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with pesto. Top with onion mixture, olives, cheeses and tomatoes.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 751 calories, 42g fat (16g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1676mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Pesto Pizza
"I used home made pesto with fresh basil from my garden. Left off the feta and olives. This was easy and delicious!"
"We have been using this recipe for years. It is wonderful!"
"This was fantastic! The blend of cheeses with the pesto gave it a wonderful flavor. Will make again."
"Love this with homegrown tomatoes and pesto!"
"This is WONDERFUL! A definite "keeper". The ONLY things I did differently was to use a 7 oz. jar of pesto ( a little bit more that 1/2 c.) and I used tomato/basil feta cheese because that's what I had on-hand. Thank you for sharing such a nice change-of-pace recipe. :-)))"
"I make this all the time. I don't like olives so I leave them off, but this is DELICIOUS and a FAVORITE at my house! And for entertaining!"
"I'm going to try it without the pesto, onions, and red peppers. I cannot eat those things, but it would be great with just the olives, tomatoes, and cheeses. I love to make pizza, and this would make great single pizzas for people like me, who only need to cook for one. Even for someone who cooks for only two."
"How can you give this 5 stars when no one has rated it yet?"
"I'm going to try this but with only half of the feta and half of parm. I'm also going to do it on grill. I live in az and i find that the grill works best instead of heating the house up. Get back to you later......."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.