We love the bold flavor of this pizza that's a bit different from the traditional. The pesto, cheese and olive topping makes a delicious statement. Serve it as a main dish...or as a fun appetizer cut in smaller pieces. -- Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with pesto. Top with onion mixture, olives, cheeses and tomatoes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Pesto Pizza in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Pesto Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review