Three-Cheese Pasta Shells Recipe
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 16 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1. In a bowl, combine the salsa and tomato sauce; spread half in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a skillet, saute the carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. remove from the heat. stir in the cheeses, egg substitute and basil. Stuff into pasta shells; place in prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining salsa mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
2 each: 203 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Pasta Shells
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.