Sliced mushrooms and shredded carrot and zucchini add freshness to the cheesy filling in these flavorful shells from Kara de la Vega. "This pasta bake makes a nice company meal," relates the Suisun City, California cook.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 16 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- In a bowl, combine the salsa and tomato sauce; spread half in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, saute the carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. remove from the heat. stir in the cheeses, egg substitute and basil. Stuff into pasta shells; place in prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining salsa mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Pasta Shells in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p16
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Pasta Shells
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review