I received the recipe for these tasty nachos from a co-worker a few years back. They're fun to serve as party appetizers or as the main course at a casual dinner with family. —Cari Hinz, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Featured In: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) pita bread (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, chilies, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder until smooth. Stir in chicken and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Split each pita into two circles. Spread 1/4 cup of chicken mixture on each circle; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes. Combine the cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack; sprinkle over circles. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Nachos in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p7
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review