Three-Cheese Nachos Recipe
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) pita bread (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, chilies, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder until smooth. Stir in chicken and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- 2. Split each pita into two circles. Spread 1/4 cup of chicken mixture on each circle; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes. Combine the cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack; sprinkle over circles. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 339 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Nachos
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.