Three-Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) lasagna dinner mix
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta from the dinner mix, contents of seasoning mix, water, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms and onions. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-13 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- 4. Cover and bake the remaining casserole 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- 5. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
1-1/4 cups equals 384 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.