- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) lasagna dinner mix
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta from the dinner mix, contents of seasoning mix, water, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms and onions. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-13 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Three-Cheese Lasagna
Sort By :
The lasagna dinner mix would be something like Hamburger Helper.....
What is the lasagna dinner mix? Where would you find that in the store?
I would ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. It lends much more flavor to the dish.
This was OK. Because we are a large family we only got one meal out of this. I will be making it again and freezing it this time. It was a little runny for our taste.