Three-Cheese Jumbo Shells Recipe
I love cooking, but I'm not into fancy gourmet foods. I think it's more challenging to make delicious, down-home foods with ingredients easily found in the refrigerator and on my pantry shelves.—Marjorie Carey, Alamosa, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, bouillon and oregano. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and egg. Stuff shells with the cheese mixture.
- 3. Arrange shells in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Spoon meat sauce over shells. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC