Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese
I once taught an adult program called Eating Smart for Seniors. For that class, I developed many recipes for one or two people that were simple to prepare and used common ingredients.Terri Brown, Darien, Wisconsin
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 slices wheat, rye or sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons softened PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white cheese (brick, Monterey Jack or Swiss)
- 2 slices yellow cheese (cheddar, pepper or taco)
- 1 red onion slice
- 1 tomato slice
- Spread cream cheese on one side of both slices of bread; spread
- butter on the other side. On cream cheese side of one slice, layer
- white cheese, yellow cheese, onion and tomato. Top with remaining
- slice of bread, cream cheese side down.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwich for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Remove from the
- heat; cover until cheese melts.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 747 calories, 59 g fat (36 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 1,484 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein.