Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese Recipe
I once taught an adult program called Eating Smart for Seniors. For that class, I developed many recipes for one or two people that were simple to prepare and used common ingredients.—Terri Brown, Darien, Wisconsin
- 2 slices wheat, rye or sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white cheese (brick, Monterey Jack or Swiss)
- 2 slices yellow cheese (cheddar, pepper or taco)
- 1 red onion slice
- 1 tomato slice
- 1. Spread cream cheese on one side of both slices of bread; spread butter on the other side. On cream cheese side of one slice, layer white cheese, yellow cheese, onion and tomato. Top with remaining slice of bread, cream cheese side down.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwich for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cover until cheese melts. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 747 calories, 59g fat (36g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC