I once taught an adult program called Eating Smart for Seniors. For that class, I developed many recipes for one or two people that were simple to prepare and used common ingredients.—Terri Brown, Darien, Wisconsin
- 2 slices wheat, rye or sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white cheese (brick, Monterey Jack or Swiss)
- 2 slices yellow cheese (cheddar, pepper or taco)
- 1 red onion slice
- 1 tomato slice
- Spread cream cheese on one side of both slices of bread; spread butter on the other side. On cream cheese side of one slice, layer white cheese, yellow cheese, onion and tomato. Top with remaining slice of bread, cream cheese side down.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwich for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cover until cheese melts. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p12
Reviews for Three-Cheese Grilled Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"These tasted great with tomato soup. While my husband & I both agree that they are very good, we will make them once in awhile due to the nutritionals."
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2009
"I've made this sandwich but saute' my tomatoes and onions first it was great."