- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the broth, water, soup mix, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with Swiss and mozzarella cheeses. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls; top each with a toast slice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Three-Cheese French Onion Soup
Sort By :
"I also added more onion soup mix. It turned out really well."
"What a simple recipe with great taste!"
"I found the broth to be slightly bland so I added an other 1/2 of envelope of the Onion Soup Mix and used a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce instead of a teaspoon. Even our son, who doesn't care much for onions, loved the soup."
"Very easy and very delicious."