Three Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed cumin
- 8 flour tortillas (each 7-8 inches)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Sliced ripe olives
- Combine 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, cream cheese, 1/4 cup picante sauce, the red pepper, onions and cumin; mix well. Spoon 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining picante sauce evenly over enchiladas; cover with remaining cheeses.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot. Top with lettuce, tomato and ripe olives; serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Three Cheese Enchiladas
Sort By :
These are easy , fast and oh so good!! Will make again for sure!!!
I enjoyed this recipe. I added chicken to the recipe to make it more hardy, plus it helped to cut down on the richness of the cheese. I added double the cheese mixture inside because I didn't feel that the original recipe supplied enough filling. I would make again with just those minor adjustments!
Great easy Mexican meal, just as easy as preparing a taco kit. I didn't have cumin seed or crushed cumin, so I just used regular grouond cumin as 1-to-1 ratio.
This is a very good recipe for cheese enchiladas and also works well for chicken enchiladas.
Love these enchiladas! I use pepper jack cheese and sometimes I add shredded chicken to make it more hearty.