Three-Cheese Deviled Eggs
Our home economists enhances ordinary deviled eggs by stirring in three different kinds of cheese. A dash of paprika and sprinkle of chives on top add a little color.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Dash paprika
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- bowl, mash the yolks. Add the mayonnaise, shredded cheeses, 1
- tablespoon chives, mustard and pepper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the process cheese on high for 1-2
- minutes; stir until smooth. Stir into yolk mixture.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining
- chives. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 327 calories, 31 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 232 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.