Our home economists enhances ordinary deviled eggs by stirring in three different kinds of cheese. A dash of paprika and sprinkle of chives on top add a little color.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Dash paprika
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a bowl, mash the yolks. Add the mayonnaise, shredded cheeses, 1 tablespoon chives, mustard and pepper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the process cheese on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth. Stir into yolk mixture.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining chives. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p170
Reviews for Three-Cheese Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review