Three Cheese Chicken Bake Recipe
This is a hearty, comforting casserole that's always a crowd-pleaser. The combination of flavors and interesting colors ensures I come home with an empty dish! —Vicki Raatz, Waterloo, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (8 ounces) noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soup, mushrooms, pimientos and basil; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, chicken and cheeses; add mushroom sauce and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with crumbs. Bake 15 minutes longer or until browned.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 cup equals 279 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Three Cheese Chicken Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC