Crushed sesame crackers create the crust for this savory cheesecake that features a rich blend of ricotta, feta and cream cheese. The creamy mixture is mildly seasoned with basil and garlic and so delicious when spread on crackers for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.—Virginia Galloway, Houston, Texas
Featured In: 25 Make-Ahead Appetizer Recipes
- 1 cup crushed sesame snack crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and feta cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream, basil and garlic powder. Fold in peppers. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Appetizer Cheesecake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Three-Cheese Appetizer Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2012
"It was so easy and very tasty. Next time I shall add something with a bit of a kick - perhaps chipotle or chili."