I combined cranberries with strawberries and raspberries for a tasty twist on traditional holiday sauce. Cinnamon and cloves spice up this fruity topping that's great over poultry or pork.
—Suzanne Ganatta of Mammoth Lakes, California
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- Thinly sliced cooked turkey
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop,
- stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; add strawberries and
- raspberries. Cook until heated through. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Serve with turkey. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.