- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen elderberries or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- In a large bowl, sprinkle berries with lemon juice. Combine sugar and tapioca. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping
Sort By :
"Fantastic recipe. I used frozen berries (Triple Berry Mix sold at Sams Club). I made a few adjustments, though perhaps not necessary. I used a total of 5 generous cups of slightly thawed frozen berries, I added 1 Tbsp. corn starch. I used my standard crumb topping (1 cup flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 stick of butter). The pie was gobbled up with rave reviews at a potluck."
"Excellent! Made the recipe as is using fresh blackberries and frozen raspberries and blueberries. Definitely would make again."
"Elderberry pie recipes are hard to find. This is the closest so far. But first I have to find some frozen elderberries which are equally hard to find. Is the tapioca meant to be used as a thickening agent?? If so, how about using corn starch??"