- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen elderberries or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- In a large bowl, sprinkle berries with lemon juice. Combine sugar and tapioca. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping
Sort By :
Excellent! Made the recipe as is using fresh blackberries and frozen raspberries and blueberries. Definitely would make again.
This pie turned out great! I didn't have any blueberries, so I used half blackberries and half black raspberries. Next time I might use a crumb topping that has some oatmeal in it. Overall it's a keeper!
Elderberry pie recipes are hard to find. This is the closest so far. But first I have to find some frozen elderberries which are equally hard to find. Is the tapioca meant to be used as a thickening agent?? If so, how about using corn starch??
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Pies >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crumb Topping Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Pie Baking >