- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen elderberries or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- In a large bowl, sprinkle berries with lemon juice. Combine sugar and tapioca. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping
Sort By :
"Fantastic recipe. I used frozen berries (Triple Berry Mix sold at Sams Club). I made a few adjustments, though perhaps not necessary. I used a total of 5 generous cups of slightly thawed frozen berries, I added 1 Tbsp. corn starch. I used my standard crumb topping (1 cup flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 stick of butter). The pie was gobbled up with rave reviews at a potluck."
"Excellent! Made the recipe as is using fresh blackberries and frozen raspberries and blueberries. Definitely would make again."
"This pie turned out great! I didn't have any blueberries, so I used half blackberries and half black raspberries. Next time I might use a crumb topping that has some oatmeal in it. Overall it's a keeper!"
"Elderberry pie recipes are hard to find. This is the closest so far. But first I have to find some frozen elderberries which are equally hard to find. Is the tapioca meant to be used as a thickening agent?? If so, how about using corn starch??"