I first made this pie for my family because I didn't have enough of one kind of berry. Now, I bring several of these pies to bake sales...they're often purchased before I can even get them to the sale table!
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen elderberries or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- In a large bowl, sprinkle berries with lemon juice. Combine sugar and tapioca. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p80
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Three-Berry Pie with Crumb Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review