"This special recipe was given to me by a friend," Ilene Doty writes from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. "By using some low-fat convenience items, I lightened it up with beautiful results."
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free reduced-sugar lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 prepared angel food cakes (8 to 10 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, lemon juice and peel. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or deep salad bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, a third of the lemon mixture and all of the strawberries. Repeat cake and lemon mixture layers. Top with blueberries and remaining cake cubes and lemon mixture. Sprinkle with raspberries.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over berries; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Three-Berry Lemon Trifle in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Three-Berry Lemon Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review