Three-Berry Jam Recipe
I sold jars of this sweet berry jam at craft fairs. It's a wonderful way to preserve summer gems. —Bernadette Colvin, Tomball, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Process: 10 min. + standing YIELD:152 servings
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine berries and lemon juice; crush slightly. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into nine hot pint jars and one hot half-pint jar, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 9 pints and 1 half-pint.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 41 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC