Three-Berry Jam Recipe
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine berries and lemon juice; crush slightly. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into nine hot pint jars and one hot half-pint jar, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 9 pints and 1 half-pint.
2 tablespoon: 41 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Three-Berry Jam
"I made half a batch of this jam. I have it in the canner now. It tasted good and thickened up nicely. With that half batch I got 4 half pint jars and 2 4 oz jars. I didn't have any raspberries so used blackberries instead."
"Which pectin should be used, Sure Gell or Sure Gell Lower/No sugar? I see this recipe uses 7 cups of sugar and I've seen a similar recipe using 11 cups of pectin. I have berries from the garden in my freezer that I'd love to make a mixed berry jam with! Thanks for your help!"
"This past summer, I made the jam and put it away to give at Christmas. I renamed it Jingle Berry Jam and it was a hit with those I gave it to. Great recipe!"
"Love this jelly i used blackberries instead of raspberries i will be making more."
"OMG my kids love this jelly. I have never made jelly before this was the first kind i have every made. i used blackberries instead of raspberries and my kids love it. i will be making more."