Three-Berry Freezer Jam
Give in to temptation and buy fresh berries in bulk. You’ll be glad you did when you transform those ripe little gems into a sweet spread that can also get you out of a gift-giving jam. —Shannon Becker, Burton, Ohio
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 5-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- In a food processor, process the berries in batches until finely
- chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine fruit pectin and water. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1 minute. Add to fruit mixture; stir constantly
- for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24
- hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months.
- Yield: 3 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 92 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.