- 1/2 cup each frozen unsweetened strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine berries and 2 tablespoons sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Drain berries, reserving juice. If necessary, add water to the juice to measure 1/2 cup. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in berries and cinnamon. Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop dough in four mounds onto hot fruit mixture. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Three-Berry Cobbler in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p20
Reviews for Three-Berry Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2013
I like more berries, so I doubled the berries part of the recipe. Used a mixed berry blend that included strawberries and it was delicious.