Three-Bean Tomato Cups Recipe
Cilantro and cumin give this delightful salad a Mexican flair. Served in hollowed-out tomatoes, the tasty bean blend makes a pretty addition to a ladies' luncheon or special-occasion meal. Garlic lovers might want to add a second clove. -Audrey Green Ballon, Kentwood, Louisiana
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large firm tomatoes
- 1. Place the green and wax beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the black beans, red pepper, onions and cilantro.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Cut a 1/4-in. slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out and discard pulp. Using a slotted spoon, fill tomato cups with bean mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Three-Bean Tomato Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC