- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large firm tomatoes
- Place the green and wax beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the black beans, red pepper, onions and cilantro.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut a 1/4-in. slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out and discard pulp. Using a slotted spoon, fill tomato cups with bean mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Tomato Cups in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p25
Reviews for Three-Bean Tomato Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2010
"Good salad, don't try to save the leftover tomatoes though, they get mushy."