- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, taco seasoning and olives.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Three-Bean Taco Chili
"This was great! I'm happy with how much it made too! I sprinkled broken chips on top to give each spoonful a little crunch. Yum!"
"Yes! This chili tastes like it has simmered all day! Perfect. Made twice. Followed directions except added only 1 cup of water. We like thick chili. Great as a chili or over top of chips and cheese. Nice, hearty chili with full flavor."
"Super quick and easy to make. I did change it a little. I only used 1 lb of ground beef and one cup of water. I also used Italian diced tomatoes (diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano) instead of regular diced tomatoes. Turned out perfectly. Really good with corn chips or corn muffins."
"This is my favorite chili recipe"
"I've made this many times! Love that it makes so much."
"This is now our favorite recipe for chili. Nice combo of tacos and chili and easy to make. I added onions and garlic also. YUM"
"Made this last night for supper and really appreciated how fast this came together. My only addition was some chopped onion. I used medium salsa and hot taco seasoning and it had a nice spice to it."
"Absolutely love it! It tastes wonderful! Great cross between tacos and chili!"
"great change up for taco night added garlic:P and onions in the soup"
"My whole family liked this recipe. I will definitely make it again."