Three-Bean Soup Recipe
This is a terrific recipe for cold days. Even my young son asks for it! I like it because it's so easy to fix.Marilyn Coy, St. Helena, California
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans or 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans or Italian-style green beans, drained
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- In a stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, consomme, water, barley, onion, salt, marjoram and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Stir in all the beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle individual bowls with cheese. Yield: Yield: 8-10 servings (9 cups).
Originally published as Three-Bean Soup in Country Ground Beef 1993, p11
Reviews for Three-Bean Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review