Here’s an easy recipe for fabulous, chunky salsa. “It’s fast, fresh, low in fat and high in fiber,“ shares Regina Gutierrez. To keep calories down, she serves it with baked or low-fat tortilla chips at home in San Antonio, Texas.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients; toss to coat. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Three-Bean Salsa in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p26
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Three-Bean Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review