Three-Bean Salad for a Crowd
Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota adds garlic to an old favorite and prefers a not-so-sweet dressing. "Since I freeze some of my homegrown green and wax beans, we can enjoy this salad year-round," she notes.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pound fresh wax beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Cut green and wax beans into 1-1/4-in. pieces; place in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and cook until crisp-tender. Drain; place in a
- large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix gently. Cover and chill
- for several hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.