Three-Bean Salad Recipe
Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota adds garlic to an old favorite and prefers a not-so-sweet dressing. "Since I freeze some of my homegrown green and wax beans, we can enjoy this salad year-round," she notes.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pound fresh wax beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Cut green and wax beans into 1-1/4-in. pieces; place in a saucepan. Cover with water and cook until crisp-tender. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix gently. Cover and chill for several hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Three-Bean Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review