Three-Bean Garden Salad Recipe
This comes from a recipe I originally found in a bean cookbook. It took quite a few failures to come up with this winning combination. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook lima beans according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain and place in a medium bowl. Add kidney and green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; mix gently to coat. Cover and chill for at least 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC