You won't miss meat in this tasty bean chili.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, beans, beer, chili powder and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Three-Bean Chili in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p215
Reviews for Three-Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review