Three-Bean Cassoulet Recipe
Brimming with a trio of bean varieties, this recipe is as easy as one, two, three. "You can serve it on the side or as a satisfying meatless main dish," says Carol Berigan of Golden, Colorado. "The veggies add an interesting mix of tastes, colors and textures."
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 274 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 14 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC